Sunday, August 21, 2011

Painting

Today we bought Jaiden a couple of canvases, painting apron and 'My First' Crayola art set, which he even picked out himself! If he hadn't ran to it and told us to look, I wouldn't have have seen it and would've just gotten paint on its own. He was so excited when he saw his daddy carrying it, he wanted to carry it himself but was obviously too heavy and big lol.

When we got home, we changed him into some clothes that were okay to get paint on, put on his painting apron, put on a blob of paint on the canvas in each colour and then gave it to Jaiden to get started on it.

At first when he felt the paint, he was continuously looking at his hands and the paint, thinking 'what is this?' haha. I don't think he liked the feeling of it being all gooey and all. So I got his paintbrush and he was a lot happier with it. He actually painted with it, stroking it across the canvas and making dots with it. He even put paint all over my legs and started painting on me haha.

He even walked away, looked at something, come back and paint and then do it all over again. It was as if he was getting inspiration from something haha it was so cute. The canvas is now sitting on our verandah drying up. We'll be giving the canvas to Jeremy's mum as a birthday present, next weekend. Which was the whole point of doing it in the first place. I hope she likes it.

Tomorrow, I'm getting Jeremy to have Jaiden paint or draw me a picture too so I can put it up on my wall at work ♥



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...